What is the process to place a stop payment on a Teller Check or a Money Order?

We're here to help if you need to place a stop payment on a Teller's Check or Money Order! If you still have the check/money order in your possession, stop by one of our branches and we can redeposit the check for you.

If you don't have the check, please refer to the appropriate instructions below:

If the check was drawn and payable to you:

  • You will need to complete the Affidavit of Lost Official Check Form, which will enable us to redeposit the check into the original account from which it was drawn.

If the check was drawn and payable to a third party:

  • Both the member and the payee must complete an Affidavit of Lost Check Form, each of which requires a notarized signature. The signed Affidavits affirm that the check was either destroyed, lost, or in the wrongful possession of an unknown person. In accordance with this UCC statute, the funds of the stopped check will not be released to you for 90 days from the date the payment is stopped, after which time the funds will be redeposit into the account from which the funds were originally withdrawn.

Please visit one of our branches or mail all completed forms to:

Jovia Financial Credit Union
1000 Corporate Drive
Westbury N.Y. 11590
Attention: Accounting Department

If mail is preferred, please enclose a letter of intent and a phone number where you can be reached should further clarification be required.

Back to Knowledge Base